Care Assistant Jobs in Peterborough, Grantham and HuntingdonJoin the Team
Greenwood Homecare is a domiciliary care provider, with branches in Peterborough, Huntingdon, Grantham and Spalding. We are looking for passionate and caring individuals to provide care assistance to clients in Peterborough and the surrounding areas. If you are looking for a rewarding career, where you’ll help support those in need, whilst learning new skills and becoming a valuable member of the local community, then read on!
The benefits of working with us:
We try and set ourselves apart from other care companies by offering guaranteed hours contracts to our care workers, of either 10, 20 or 30 hours depending on availability.
We also offer:
- Full training for the role.
- Wages start at £10.10 per hour, rising to £10.60 per hour at weekends, and £14.80 on bank holidays.
- All equipment including mobile phone and uniform provided free of charge.
- Guaranteed hours of at least twenty hours per week.
- Mileage payments of 28p per mile.
- Continued in house training and support.
- Career Development Opportunities including free NVQ enrolment.
- Flexibility – decide your own schedule and working availability
- Alternate weekends – 26 weekends a year off.
- 28 days paid holiday (including bank holidays), paid pro-rata
- Employer contributed pension scheme
- The opportunity to do an NVQ.
- The opportunity to have a truly meaningful impact on peoples lives!
Responsibilities and Duties:
As a care worker you will visit the homes of elderly disabled and vulnerable adults to provide a range of services which enable them to live independently. Examples of tasks include:
- To provide companionship to the Client, actively talking and listening to them about their interests.
- To assist Clients with getting out of bed in the morning and getting into bed in the evening.
- To assist Clients to with their washing and bathing.
- To assist Clients with personal hygiene and toileting requirements.
- To assist clients with meal preparation.
- To provide light general household domestic duties, including housework and laundry.
- To accompany the Client on social outings and with their shopping.
Qualifications and Skills
- Employment subject to proof of eligibility to work in the UK, enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
- Experience is not necessary as a full training programme including induction training will be provided
- Must have driving license and the use of a car.
There are a variety of roles available, from daily visitations, to live-in care. To apply, please fill out the following form and we will be in touch.