Care Assistant Jobs in PeterboroughJoin the Team
What we look for
Working as a carer is a challenging, but rewarding job. If you have a genuine interest in people, and the motivation to make people’s lives better, read on.
We are recruiting Home Care Assistants to work in clients homes in Peterborough and the surrounding areas (including Oundle, Stamford Whittlesey and the Deepings).
What do we look for?
More than anything, we are looking for carers that care about the individuals they support. This means building meaningful relationships with them, showing compassion and respect for their individual needs and wants.
Equally important is the need to be professional, and reliable. Our users depend on us, and we need to ensure the quality of service we provide is of the highest standards. It is important therefore, to be punctual for visitations, and professional at all times.
We do we offer?
In return, we offer competitive rates of pay, comprehensive training, and genuine opportunities for career enhancement. We try and set ourselves apart from other care companies by offering guaranteed hours contracts to our care workers, of either 10, 20 or 30 hours depending on availability. We also place a real emphasis on staff development, and all employees are offered the chance to do an NVQ. To read a full job description, please click here.
If this sounds interesting to you, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch. We are more than happy to talk the role over with you. You can apply for the roles by clicking on the link below.
APPLY NOW – we are recruiting for Home Care Assistants, Live in Carers, and Night Care Assistants.
What we offer
Competitive Pay: Hourly rates in excess of our competitors
Mileage payments: Reimbursed for every mile you drive
In House Training: Full internal training for role
Role Development: Continued in house training and support
A rewarding career: Every day, you will have a meaningful impact, on people’s lives
Services we provide
Homecare and wellness
Personal care, medication, assistance to start your day.
Culture and entertainement
Take a trip out for a couple of hours or visit a place of interest.
Housekeeping and gardening
Household cleaning, gardenmaintenance, keeping things in order.
Shopping and errands
Preparing your lists, collecting yourgroceries or carrying out your errands.
Travel & excursions
Organising day trips, holidays and getting prepared.
Getting there and around
Let us take you out and about, and where you need to go.
Dining in & out
Home cooked food for breakfast, lunch or dinner or anywhere inbetween.
Taking a walk, light exercise or a program to keep you fit.
Companionship and community
Social activities, keeping up your hobbies or starting new interests.
Meet some of our carers
Care Assistant Jobs in Peterborough
We are currently looking to employ new staff as domiciliary care providers – i.e. home based care providers for our clients.
In particular, we are seeking applicants who can cover evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
Because of the nature of this role, it is important that you read both the description of the ideal carer, and also the key tasks and responsibilities that would be entrusted to you within this role.
What Makes a Good Carer?
Being a home based carer can certainly be one of the more challenging jobs – however it can also be one of the most fulfilling. When considering applying for this role, it would be a good idea to look at the list we have prepared below.
Over the years, we have found that our best carers possess the following personality traits and qualities. Please consider them carefully, and see if you think you could be a match!
Respect – Naturally as a person ages and finds that their mobility and even mental capacities are reducing. It is therefore of the utmost importance that you are always able to show respect for our clients at all times.
Empathy – Very similar to respect, you must be able to show empathy for the people you care for. Are you able to put yourself in the shoes of another human being, and see a situation from their point of view? If so, you will likely make a great carer!
Reliable – A large part of the caring for our clients lies in creating workable schedules. You will be performing very important tasks for the everyday wellbeing of those you care for – cleaning and dressing them, feeding them and helping them to maintain a link to the outside world. You must therefore be a reliable person, who will not miss shifts and disrupt this care.
Friendly – It could well be that as a carer you spend more time with the client than anyone else. You should therefore be a friendly person, with a generally happy and sunny disposition. This will help you to form the kinds of working relationships that will be required to be an effective carer.
Observant – And because you may spend more time with them than anyone else, it is a big bonus if you are generally a quiet observant person. This will help you notice small changes from day to day – in appetite, sleep patterns, weight loss – that can be indicators of underlying problems.
Caring – Finally, to be a good carer you must care about people – as simple as that!
If all of that sounds like you, then the next stage is to take a look at what is required of you within this specific job role:
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- One of the key tasks of this role is to be a companion to the client you are assigned to care for. They can often be lonely and isolated, so it is important you are a friendly and warm person who can build up a rapport with the care clients.
- Many clients have mobility issues, so you will be required to assist them in moving about in their everyday lives – for example, helping them get out of bed in the morning and then getting into bed at night.
- Their mobility can also sometimes affect the ability of the clients to perform household tasks, such as light housekeeping and laundry. Where required, you will assist the client in these functions.
- You will be required to assist clients with all aspects of their daily personal hygiene regimes. This includes washing and bathing the clients and providing any assistance they may require in accessing and using toilet facilities.
- Nutrition plays an important part in the welfare of our clients. As such, you will assist the clients with cooking, including preparing meals, providing any assistance with eating that may be required and also cleaning and tidying away any utensils, plates, etc that have been used.
- Finally, one of your key tasks will revolve around assisting our clients to maintain their independence, so you will assist them on any social outings such as going shopping.
This is a job that can ask a lot, but it is also a career that gives a lot back to you as well! Here are just some of the benefits you can expect to receive during your time working with us:
- Complete training is provided.
- Wages start at £8.50 per hour, with additional bonus rate for weekend work.
- Guaranteed Minimum hours per week – this is not a zero hours contract!
- Payment scheme to cover mileage
- Potential for advancement and career development
- The flexibility to create your own working schedule
- 28 days of paid holiday including Bank Holidays
- And of course, the chance to have a truly meaningful career that has a huge positive impact.
There are also some requirements that must be in place in order for you to be accepted for this position, which are:
- Full eligibility to work in the UK
- Completion of enhanced DBS background checks
- The provision of suitable references
- Full driving license & use of a car
If you think you have what it takes for this challenging but ultimately highly rewarding role, then please apply as soon as possible.
During this stage of your application, please state your availability both to start and also when you can work in a typical week. There is no commitment to long hours, and we will happily consider applicants with only one or two nights or weekend availability.
Join the Team in 3 Easy Steps
Fill out the form below and we’ll get in touch with you to arrange an interview
We’ll talk through your experience and CV, and give you a chance to ask any questions you have about working for Greenwood.
Should you accept the role, we will begin the induction and training process.