How to pay for Live-in Care.

While most people would prefer live-in care over a nursing home, not everyone considers it for fear that it might be too expensive. What many people aren’t aware of is that live-in care prices are often in line with those of residential care homes, and can be significantly less.

Because live-in care is tailored to you, you don’t need to pay for the running costs of a large organisation or for services that you don’t need. The truth is, live-in care is much more affordable than you might think, and there’s plenty of support available to help cover the cost. 

Local Authority Funding

Your local authority can carry out a needs assessment to see if you’re eligible for financial support.

If you have savings and assets above a certain amount (£23,250 in 2019/20), then you may need to self-fund care. However, since live-in care takes place in the family home, there’s no  need to worry that the value of your home will count against you when getting an assessment.


It’s possible to self-fund for care through savings, pension income or financial support from family. If you’re over 65, you may qualify for Attendance Allowance, which isn’t means tested and can contribute to the cost of live-in care. If you’re not of retirement age, the Personal Independence Payment might be an option instead.

It may be worth considering downsizing your home, as smaller properties are easier to get around and require less maintenance, while still giving you independence.

Funding from the NHS

In some cases, the NHS will fund all home care costs. This is usually due to an individual having complex needs that require ongoing, specialist care at home.

To book your free care assessment and find out more about how live-in care could work for you, call us on 01733 808531.

Help when you need it

Daytime visits

Daytime visits provide support for you from 1h up to all day long.

Overnight care

Depending on your needs our carers can be awake throughout the night or on-call and able to assist when needed.

24/7 Live-in care

Our live-in care services give you 24/7 support, providing a better alternative to care home.

How Live-in Care for works.

Arranging Live-in Care.

Who is Live-in Care for?

What is Live-in Care?

Other services

Our carers have experience with a number of conditions



Elderly care




Respite care






Reablement / post-surgery


Dementia and Alzheimers


Palliative care


Physical and Disability


Learning disabilities


Book your care assessment

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Get in touch

Leave your details and we’ll contact you to answer any questions and schedule your care assessment at your convenience. Alternatively you can email or call one of our offices:


Peterborough 01733 808531
Grantham 01476 849522
Cambridge 01223 850938
Huntingdon 01480 879645

Home Assessment

We will agree a time to come and visit you in your own home. We will take the time to fully understand your care needs, and provide recommendations as to what type of care is required.

Care delivery

Once agreed, we will begin to deliver the care. Whether hourly, live-in, or night care, we will endeavour to deliver the best possible care.